An Indian pharmacist has died after drinking a chemical concoction he created for coronavirus treatment.
The man described himself as K. Sivanesan, who worked with Sujatha Biotech, a 30-year-old Ayurvedic and Herbal Products company based in Chennai, died on the spot while his colleague, a trained ophthamologist managing director of the firm, was hospitalized after his fainting shortly after ingestion of the chemical component.
The two men at a home in southern Chennai city allegedly ingested the chemical mixture of nitric oxide and sodium nitrate.
Police deputy commissar Ashok Kumar said;
“Our investigation revealed that Sivanesan died after drinking the preparation he claimed would help COVID-19 patients. His managing director fainted after tasting it initially. Further investigation is on.”
N.S.Vasan, designer-cum-media manager of the company said;
“Due to the lockdown, Sivanesan stayed in the city and one day told us he heard of some medicine from U.S. President Donald Trump’s recent speech for curing Coronavirus. He said it would bring more immunity and help to prevent COVID-19. Deciding to test the effect of the medicine, he went to Parry’s Corner and bought the powder. Sivanesan must have taken a heavy dosage of the ‘drug’ and he was killed instantly.
“All our products are ayurvedic. We used to test only herbal products. This was a chemical product that Sivanesan was testing though, and possibly for the first time ever.”