Today, Saturday, October 10, 2020, the good people are ready to decide who the next governor of the state would be as we all expect a free and fair election.
It’s Obvious the race is clearly between incumbent Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu of the All Progressives Congress, APC; candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Eyitayo Jegede, and Agboola Ajayi, candidate of the Zenith Labour Party, ZLP.
- 10:10 AM: Voting proper is yet to commence at Polling Unit 5, Ugbonla Ward 2, in the heart of voters were on queue, but officials were quarreling with some party agents over the issue of identification. Many others within the riverine community were going about their businesses.
- 9:37 AM: There are 10 wards in Ilaje Local Government. People are still hanging around their communities generally; the election process has not taken off anywhere yet. The elections are available and ready but people are not coming forward yet to join the queue.
- 9:29 AM: Voting set to commence at Akeredolu unit
- 9:13 AM: Jegede and his wife Eno on the queue to vote
- 8:59 AM: Police spokesman in Ondo State, Tee-Leo Ikoro confirms gunshot at Edo-Lodge in Oke Jebu, Akure. Details to be provided soon.
- 8:58 am: Accreditation begins at Akeredolu’s polling unit
Meanwhile, Electorates in Ondo State will today, Saturday, October 10, 2020, go to polling centers across the 18 local government areas in the state to elect their governor for the next four years.
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had in August published the names of 17 governorship candidates and their running mates with their political parties for today’s poll.
In addition, There have been reports of violence and killings with continued clashes between supporters of the APC and PDP, being the two leading political parties ahead of today’s election.
Keep refreshing this page for live updates from the Ondo State 2020 Gubernatorial Election: