Connect with us

News

Nigerian Footballer Gets Electrocuted At Betting Shop In Lagos

Published

on

According to Live News Nigeria, one Taiwo Akinlusi, popularly known among his football fans as Sir Tee, met his early death on Saturday when his head mistakenly hit a naked wire as he was coming down from a staircase where he went to play football betting at the Ile-Epo bus stop, Ejigbo.

An eyewitness, Mr. Abiodun Adaranijo, who spoke with us, explained that the unsuspecting deceased had touched a naked wire hanging with his head while coming down the stairs after betting at the plaza.

Adaranijo said he (the deceased) should have bent his head to stop the cable, but he did not take note of the awkward wires that were hanging.

According to Adaranijo, it wasn’t the first time that Akinlusi walked through the staircase and bypassed the wire except on that fateful day, because of his rush to go home after putting stakes, he failed to bend his head to avoid the wire at the spot and hit the wire with his head wrongly.

The deceased was said to have played for All Stars FC as a footballer.

His corpse was officially deposited at Isolo General in the mortuary.

Ailegun Community Association (CDA) president, Barr. Bimbo Olawale, who confirmed the accident, said that it was unfortunate, adding that the had always been warned to be careful about their electrical cables to stop such incidents.

“We always warn people to be security conscious. We tell them that security include anything that can affect human life such as electricity in terms of wiring.

“The incident was an unfortunate one and we pray not to experience such again but we must always be conscious. The incident has affected the power supply in the community, the supply to the area has to be switched off but we have contacted Ikeja Electric to come and fix it.”

Join us for live updates on:

Whatsapp | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram 

Advertisement

Join us on Facebook

Trending