The Federal Government has announced it would accept 400,000 applicants into the third batch of its N-Power National Social Investment Scheme (NSIP).
Last week, the Federal Ministry for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development announced that the third batch of N-Power beneficiaries would begin enrolment on June 26, 2020.
In support of President Muhammadu Buhari ‘s dream of bringing 100 million Nigerians out of poverty, the ministry clarified that the enrolment would provide opportunities for more Nigerian youth to access the system.
The ministry also reported that the scheme ‘s current enrolees (Batch A) will be exiting on 30 June 2020 while (Batch B) will exit the programme on July 31, 2020.
The scheme gave further details on Monday on the upcoming enrolment via its official twitter handle: @npower_ng.
“This week, the N-Power portal will re-open for registration; 400,000 beneficiaries will be taken from the application pool.
“Here are some tips to get ready: get your BVN ready, ensure you are not an existing employee in any organisation, and application is online.”
Some of the current beneficiaries responded to the tweet and challenged the non-payment of their March , April and May allowances.
The system replied by assuring that those owed would be charged until they leave the plan.
Also, on Monday, Hajiya Sadiya Farouk, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, said about 12,000 N-Power beneficiaries are still to be paid their three-month stipends. The minister said the delay was due to logistical issues that were being tackled.
Speaking on Monday in Abuja at the briefing by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Farouk said:
“As far as the ministry is concerned, we have paid N-Power beneficiaries that have been verified and recommended for payment. We have 500,000 N-Power volunteers.
“On those claiming that they have not been paid, we are looking into these issues with the Office of the Account General of the Federation.”